Short Course on Cuisines – Getting to Square 1
Momma Cuisine: Best Tips to Reduce Food Waste in Your Kitchen
About forty percent of food in the United States go to waste, which is very alarming because hunger and poverty rule in the other parts of the world. While we cannot necessarily control the waste occurring in restaurants and grocery stores, we can control the food waste occurring in our homes. In this article, we will help you reduce your food waste less than forty percent through the tips and tricks to help reduce food waste in your kitchen.
1. Do not waste your leftovers. Reusing your leftovers does not necessarily mean reheating the food through your microwave oven. You can make simple dishes out of your leftovers, like a different recipe, so don’t microwave food as it can reduce the texture and taste of food.
2. Remake your leftovers ideas. You can fry to make some butter, make a quinoa salad, or rice salad for leftover grains and legumes. You can add peas to make fried rice, as well as shredded carrots, bits of leftover ham, and toss it with tamari or soy sauce. You will surely be delighted to add leftover grains and legumes to soups and salads. Grain patties can be made by adding a little arrowroot powder, herbs, and egg to be fried in a shallow pan. Leftover lentils can be spread with Mexican seasoning for a bean dip or fry it naturally.
3. Be creative with your leftover meats. Thinly slice pork, beef, and chicken, and add them to sandwiches, soups, or salads. For a simple lunch, you can pair your leftover cold roast beef served with mustard to dip and homemade biscuits.
4. Don’t ever waste your leftover oatmeal or cereal. Add honey, a dash of cinnamon, eggs, and rice flour to make some patties.
It is a good idea being organized with your food leftovers. Organize your leftovers by placing your leftover in mason jars, a plastic-free alternative, and then add labels using a masking tape and marker. Do not forget to add the date.
6. Keep your leftovers in the fridge in vacuum sealer roll. Using transparent food containers to store leftover food is better so you can easily what is inside and remember to make good new recipes.
7. One of the best ways to avoid food waste is serving small portions of food to children. You will realize that serving small portions will make your child crave for more and ending up eating everything than wasting food.
8. Always have a plan when buying food. More unnecessary food, more food waste. It is best to make a list of your needed ingredients that is enough for your next grocery day.
Feel free to check this out or visit the website to find out more about Momma Cuisine tips and tricks.
Comments are closed.